New online services
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection has made improvements to www.border.gov.au. There is a fresh look, improved search functionality and a user friendly structure to help you find what you need, when you need it.
On the site you can:
• use the ‘Find a Visa’ tool to search for a visa that might be right for you
• see customized information by indicating which country you are in
• find detailed information on all Australian visas such as lodgement options, pricing, conditions, entitlements and eligibility, all on a single page.
From 9 December 2013 you can create a single point of entry into online visa services with your own online account. ImmiAccount is a self-service web portal that enables you to create, submit, pay for and manage all online applications in one online system.
ImmiAccount will allow you to perform a range of tasks online, such as:
• commencing, completing and paying for an application
• attaching documents to support your application
• making changes to personal details
• tracking the status of your application
• accessing relevant forms and correspondence.
ImmiAccount accepts all online applications except for Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) and Citizenship applications. For more information, see: www.border.gov.au