Information on all visa subclasses is available on the main Department of Immigration and Border Protection page: www.border.gov.au
The following links provide information on application procedures for applications that can be lodged at Dhaka.
• Visitor Visa (Subclass 600 Tourist visa stream):
- Clients planning to visit Australia for holiday, sightseeing or visiting family, or for other short-term non-work purposes. You must not work whilst in Australia. Limited volunteer work may be acceptable. You must not engage in any studies or training for more than three months. Details on application procedures are available here.
- Longer Tourist Visa for parents of Australians: From 24 November 2012, parents of Australian citizens and permanent residents are able to apply for Tourist visas to visit Australia for a longer duration. For more details please visit http://www.border.gov.au/visitors/tourist/whats-new.htm
• Business Visitor Visa (Subclass 600 Business):
Clients planning to visit Australia for business purposes, for example, to attend a conference or training session, to conduct business with an Australia-based organisation, to conduct business negotiations or for an exploratory business visit. Business activities DO NOT include acting, musical performances or commercial film making. Document checklist for a Business visitor Subclass 600 visa is available here.
• Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) (Subclass 400):
Clients planning to do short term highly specialised non- ongoing work. Details on application procedures are available here.
• Working Holiday Maker Visa for Bangladeshi Nationals
Clients with prior approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of Bangladesh, may be eligible for this subclass of visa. Details on application deadlines and procedures are available here.
• Transit Visa:
For clients passing through Australia in transit to another country. Details on application procedures are available here.
• Student Visa:
For clients planning to study in Australia, please visit the following websites:
For clients who are married, in a de facto relationship, or intend to marry an Australian citizen or permanent resident partner. If you are married, or intending to marry, it must be a marriage which is recognised by Australian Law. For further information, please see the Partner Migration Booklet. Details on application procedures are available here.
Children migrating to Australia with their Australian permanent resident parent(s). This category also includes Adoption and Orphan Relative (Subclass 102). More information is available from the Child Migration Booklet. Details on application procedures are available here.
This category includes Aged Dependant Relative (Subclass 114), Remaining Relative (Subclass 115) and Carer (Subclass 116). Details on application procedures here.
Clients who are family members of New Zealand citizen Special Category visa holders planning to live and work in Australia on a temporary basis. Details on application procedures are available here.
Clients who hold a permanent visa and who need a return visa to travel back to Australia. Details on application procedures are available here.
The Medical Treatment visa is designed to allow patients to travel to Australia for medical treatment or medical consultations. Details on application procedures are available here.
Applications for registration of Australian citizenship by descent and other citizenship applications should continue to be made at the Australian High Commission, at 184 Gulshan Avenue, Gulshan 2, Dhaka. For detailed information on Citizenship and for Citizenship application forms, please visit this page.
Important Notice - All Visa Applicants
All visa applicants are requested to provide a notarised photocopy of their passport at the time of application. This includes:
- the first 5 pages of the current passport
- any endorsement page or change of name/validity page in the current passport
- all marked pages of current passport
- all marked pages of previously held passports
This request applies to all visa categories. Clients should have their passport with them at the time they lodge their application. Clients who lodge by mail must have every page of their passport copied and notarised by a Notary Public. Clients who do not lodge the above documents will experience delays in the processing of their visa application.
For information on Visa Fees and Charges please visit this page.