The Australian High Commission in Dhaka provides consular, notarial and passport services by appointment only. We are open from Sunday to Thursday, 8am-12:30pm and 1:30pm- 4pm.
The Consular Services Charter outlines how and when we can help Australian citizens overseas.
Australian Passport and Notarial Fees 2023
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment time for security screening.
- If you are late for your appointment, you may need to reschedule the appointment.
- Bookings can be made 2 months in advance.
- You can amend, reschedule, or cancel your appointment via the links in your appointment notification email.
- Please ensure you select the correct type and number of services you require when you make the appointment. If you select the wrong service, we may not be able to help at your appointment time.
For urgent consular assistance for Australian citizens in Bangladesh:
- email: [email protected]
- telephone: +61 2 6261 3305 (from Bangladesh) or +6 1300 555 135 (within Australia).
Australian Federal Police Checks
If you need an Australian police clearance, you can apply for this online from the Australian Federal Police: National Police Checks | Australian Federal Police (afp.gov.au)
For information on how to apply for an Australian passport, including the documents you need to provide, please visit this website: Australian Passport Office. To assist you in completing the application form online, please ensure you have read (and completed as needed), the following documents:
General Declaration (Form B11) | Guarantor Occupation List | Photograph Guidelines
- Adult passports (first passport)
- Child passports
- Emergency passports
- Adult Passport Renewal
- Credit Card Deduction Authority
- Guide and checklist for couriered Adult Passport Application
- List of additional Identity Documents
- Checklist for couriered Child Passport Renewal
Please note that you must meet all documentary requirements, otherwise, we will not be able to accept your passport application. Applications for Australian passports can take up to twelve weeks to process, please factor this into your travel pl
General Information for Australian Citizens in Bangladesh
Information for Australian citizens.
International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
Every country or territory decides who can enter or leave through its borders. Foreign governments may need evidence of the COVID-19 vaccinations and tests you’ve had before they let you enter.
The Australian-issued International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate is a free and secure way to prove your COVID-19 vaccination history when you travel across borders overseas: International COVID-19 vaccination certificates
Letters of No Objection
The Australian High Commission in Bangladesh does not issue tailored visa support letters or No Objection Letters. Standard Letters can be downloaded below:
Notarial services are only available for documents issued in Australia or intended for use in Australia. Further information: Smartraveller. Depending on the Notarial service you require, please refer and complete as needed, the following documents:
Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage | Commonwealth Statutory Declaration | Consent to verify Australian Academic Record
Notarial Services disclaimer: Please ensure that documents relating to the notarial services you require from the Australian High Commission are presented in the correct form, and that you provide the correct instructions for the notarial service you require. If you are unsure of the legislative requirements relating to the notarial service you require, you should seek independent legal advice. Please note that neither the Australian Government nor the Australian High Commission guarantees the legal effectiveness of the notarised document or the accuracy of its content. Fees paid for notarial services are non-refundable.
Returning to Australia
- Taking cats and dogs to Australia
Rules on arrival may vary depending on which state or territory you arrive in. It's important to check what will apply to you on your return.
Australian travel advice for Bangladesh can be found on Smartraveller. Subscribe for automatic updates.